Saturday, September 22, 2012


My Dream of Dreamforce

“Make no little plans, they have no magic to stir a man’s blood”.

When a few decades ago Google CEO Eric Schmidt and Salesforce CEO Mark Benioff talked 
about the networked supercomputer the world was on the brink of the next transformation 
in technology. Today that is known as cloud.

As Enterprises and businesses expand, technology infrastructure needs to change which 
leads to a lot of upgrades and extensions to current technology, more workforce 
requirements, scalability issues and consistency problems. The solution to all this in today’s 
scenario is called cloud. Cloud also enables small enterprises to think big as cloud leverages 
the required technology infrastructure in a hassle free manner.

Cloud has already transformed my career. I consider myself to be one of the fortunate 
people to start my career using cloud technology via Salesforce, Force.com PaaS API. My 
application will soon go for production for the largest medical device giant in the world 
Medtronic, Inc. as my intern project for summer for the diabetes division. I may be one of 
the youngest in the Salesforce ecosystem here at Medtronic, Inc. developing on the 
Force.com platform.  The application enables more than 100% ROI. It is simply productivity 
as a service. I am obliged to work on such a technology which makes me work out of the box 
and deliver the best for my team. Please visit my blog blogger.com/vimarshk for more on 
the internship journey and flavors.me/vimarshk for my online profile to know more.

Dreamforce showcases the best in cloud today. I am currently working on integrations of 
other platforms with Salesforce. I have a lot of other ideas that the platform can enable for 
enterprises. If I get a chance to attend Dreamforce I can deliver all this with the latest 
Salesforce technology more efficiently. I wish to be one of the best developers on the 
Force.com platform and Dreamforce may be my first step towards that. It would be an honor for me if I get a chance to attend Dreamforce this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment